Combined Master's Degree and Dietetic Internship
Provide a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent to Complete a DPD submitted with the DICAS online application.
Provide official transcripts showing completion of at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (bachelor's degree must be completed before beginning the program in August)
- Submitted with the DICAS online application as well as to the NMSU Graduate School.
Request 3 letters of recommendation - submitted with the DICAS online application.
Provide a resume or curriculum vita - submitted with the DICAS online application.
Provide a 1-2 page personal statement addressing the following:
- Describe significant professional responsibilities you have held.
- State your professional goals and reasons for desiring to enroll in the MS/DI program.
- Describe your strengths that will help you succeed in the program and in reaching your professional goals.
- This personal statement should be submitted with the DICAS online application.
- Complete the DICAS application by February 15.
Pay the Non-refundable NMSU Dietetic Internship application fee $50
Make check to: NMSU Dietetic Internship
Mail to: Sylvia Gabriela Phillips, MS, RD, LD
Department of Family & Consumer Sciences New Mexico State University PO Box 30003, MSC 3470 Las Cruces, NM 88003
Upon Admission to the Dietetic Internship Program
Apply online for admission into the NMSU Master of Science, Family and Consumer Sciences program with an emphasis in dietetics, at the Graduate School.
- Pay the NMSU Graduate Application fee $40
- Have two sets of Official Transcripts with degree awarded sent to Sylvia Gabriela Phillips, MS, RD, LD (see mailing address above)