Combined Master's Degree and Dietetic Internship
Supervised Practice Rotations Checklist
Prior to the start of supervised practice rotations, the dietetic intern is required to submit the following paper work:
Immunization Form with a minimum of the following:
- Hepatitis B (proof of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shots over 6 months)
- Varicella (proof of 1st and 2nd dose over 1 month) or Varicella titer
- Rubella titer
- Hepatitis titer
The following items are suggested to be completed at the end of the first Spring Semester as they are annual:
- Annual PPD (within 1 month of Supervised Practice start date)
- Annual Flu Shot
Proof of Health Insurance (available through NMSU if needed)
- 10-panel Drug Screening Test
- CPR course that includes Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Classes are available through the NMSU Fire Department for $40
- Fingerprint/Criminal background check for Public School and Clinical site
- Obtain at least 2 copies
All paperwork is reviewed by the NMSU DI Director for completeness and must be completed prior to the start date of supervised practice rotations.
All students are expected to remain drug free and in a suitable physical and mental condition for the learning environment. The intern is responsible for completing required paperwork and the cost all immunizations, background checks, and fingerprinting. This process is required prior to supervised practice admission and the results will be shared with the assigned facilities.
Costs for laboratory blood work, drug tests, and immunizations can be found at the NMSU Campus Health Center.
Vaccinations/Immunizations, laboratory blood work, and other requirements may be available through your local Health Office.
Dietetic Interns will not be permitted to begin supervised practice rotations until all paperwork is satisfactorily complete and approved by the NMSU DI Director.
It is the dietetic intern's responsibility to inform the NMSU DI faculty of any existing health problems that may affect the student's ability to perform in the various rotations.